The WÜSTHOF Amici 1814 chef’s knife takes the art of knife-work literally.
Designed by our team of experienced WÜSTHOF artisans in Solingen, Germany, our home for over 200 years, this masterpiece of a knife combines the long-lasting durability of our premium forged blades with the magnetic beauty of a centuries-old artform.
The stunning artwork on the stainless-steel blade was created in collaboration with Dario Cortini, a virtuoso Italian artist and one of the world’s few master engravers. Cortini spearheaded the knife’s art direction at the internationally famous Bottega Incisioni C. Giovanelli in Brescia, Italy, which for over 60 years has been a workshop, school, and point of origin for master engravers across the globe. The result is breathtakingly beautiful: this unique knife is at once a collector’s item, a work of art for the senses, and a workhorse for carving, slicing, and dicing in your kitchen.
Limited edition: There are only 1,814 Amici 1814 knives worldwide.
Real Craft. Fine Art.
Our collaboration with the Italian master engraver Dario Cortini marks the first limited-edition knife of the WÜSTHOF 1814 Collection. The skilled filigree engraving on the carefully forged blade pays homage to the natural diversity of Italy and to the artist’s boundless love of life.
“With the Amici 1814 chef’s knife, preparing food is both a craft and an art.”
- Dario Cortini, Master Engraver & Creative Director of the Bottega Incisioni C. Giovanelli School of Engraving
Wood handles with character
Every Amici 1814 chef’s knife is unique. The elegant, distinct grain of Calabrian olive wood creates an individual pattern on each knife, meaning no two handles are the same. Olive trees are slow growing, with strong wood that is naturally water-repellent and antibacterial.
Each olive handle is refined by hand and finished with color-coordinated brass rivets, combining the wood’s functional qualities with its exquisite look and feel.
Even without a master engraver’s touch, the Amici 1814 blade is a work of art that requires experience, expertise, and inspiration to create. Our special, high-carbon WÜSTHOF steel formula is exceptionally hard, durable, and rust-resistant. Each blade is formed with millimetre precision, then sharpened and polished by hand by our skilled knife sharpeners in the cutlery capital of the world: “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany. The finished knife is unmatched in sharpness – and stays sharp for longer.
- Blade length: 20cm Blade width: 4.7cm
- Limited Edition, only 1,814 pieces produced globally.
- Laser-controlled precision sharpening.
- Blades precision forged from a single piece of WUSTHOF steel hardened to 58 Rockwell.
- Custom-grained Calabrian olive wood handle.
- Perfectly balanced for optimal comfort and control.
- Quality - Designed & manufactured in Solingen, Germany.
- Knife sharpening service available in Australia.
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing faults and defects.