About This Product
When it comes to finely chopping fresh herbs, cutting fish or slicing vegetables the Amici Hollow Edge Santoku Knife is the versatile knife you’re looking for. This Japanese-inspired chef's knife is the only knife in the Amici series with a lighter half bolster; the area between the blade and the handle on forged knives. The half bolster both protects your fingers from the blade and provides enough lightweight manoeuvrability for more detailed knifework. The Santoku blade is also slimmer, making this knife particularly suitable for fine cuts and paper-thin slices. The custom-grained Calabrian olive wood handle is naturally water-resistant, antibacterial and its organic shape fits comfortably in hands of any size.
- Ideal for slicing, mincing, dicing all types of food, the hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade.
- Blade length: 17cm
Blade width: 4.7cm
- Laser-controlled precision sharpening.
- Blades precision forged from a single piece of WUSTHOF steel hardened to 58 Rockwell.
- Custom-grained Calabrian olive wood handle.
- Half bolster enables the whole blade to be used and resharpened.
- Perfectly balanced for optimal comfort and control.
- Quality - Designed & manufactured in Solingen, Germany.
- Knife sharpening service available in Australia.
- Lifetime guarantee against manufacturing faults and defects.
A sharp knife is a safe knife. Be sure to maintain the edge of your knives using a honing steel or other honing device. This will ensure that your knives have a refined edge between uses.
When your knives are feeling dull and blunt, maintain the edge with a sharpening tool. Bringing your blade back to life so that it's ready for any food preparation.
This range is not suitable for cleaning in the dishwasher. For best results, hand wash with warm soapy water and dry with a soft cloth immediately.